Do you care for a child or young person under 18 with special needs?  Does your child have a disability either diagnosed or undiagnosed?  It could be a physical disability, learning disability or emotional/behavioural condition. We are here to support you.

Swindon Carers Centre works in partnership with Children’s Services and Adult Social Care as well as NHS services and other local voluntary organisations, with the aim of identifying as many carers as possible to provide the most relevant support for your caring situation.

Our Parent Carer Support Workers are available to Parent Carers, providing emotional support, information and signposting to other services and agencies.
Our Parent Carer Support Practitioners can:

    • Offer home visits to talk through your situation face to face, or arrange another convenient location
    • Provide practical and emotional support
    • Advise you of your rights as a carer
    • Be on the end of a phone for you to talk things through
    • Be a source of information on local services and how they could help you
    • Help you if you’re experiencing problems with services
    • Help with accessing various funding and grant giving bodies
    • Help you to access other services available within SCC, including support for Young Carers
    • Link you to our own carer groups or those run by other organisations

Carer Feedback
As part of our on-going work to provide carers with a quality service that reflects their needs, your feedback about our service is invaluable, this would be really appreciated as your feedback will help shape your services in the future. If you would like to complete our short feedback survey about the support you have received, click here.

“The support has been unbelievable. Knowing someone is at the end of the phone has been brilliant, otherwise I can feel very alone.”