Am I a Parent Carer?
Does your child have additional needs, aged between 0-18? If so, you could be a Parent Carer.
How can Swindon Carers Centre help?
If you contact us, we will take some key information from you and complete a short registration assessment of your caring role to establish your needs and send you any relevant information that may be useful. With your consent we may also signpost you to external organisations that can also offer support to you and your dependant (cared for).
What we offer
Our Parent Carer Support Practitioners are available to provide support and advice to parent carers, and can help in the following:
- Complete Parent Carer Assessments, and talk through your situation either face to face or by telephone;
- Advise you of your rights as a carer;
- Signposting to local services;
- Help with accessing funding, if eligible;
- Help you to access other services available within Swindon Carers Centre, including support for Young Carers or Benefit advice;
- Link you to our carer groups and activities, or those run by other local organisations.
When we receive an Adult/Older/Parent Carer referral, our Adult and Parent Carer Support teams will contact the carer to complete a short registration and assessment process, discuss their caring role and the services that can offer support and assistance.