Partnerships | Swindon Carers
Swindon Carers Centre are working together with local employers to make a difference.
Why should employers support carers?
Many carers are balancing their caring role with their job or need extra support to return to the workplace if they have lost employment due to their caring role.
Supporting carers can have many positives:
- Retain skilled and experienced employees.
- Lower staff turnover.
- Improved service delivery and increased productivity.
- Increased employee resilience.
- Reduced recruitment costs as talented employees are retained.
Juggling responsibilities with work can be challenging and stressful for carers. Without employer support and understanding, carers can become exhausted and unwell themselves. This can be damaging to both the home and work environment.
How can employers help?
- Gain more awareness of carers within your staff.
- Get involved with Swindon Carers Centre to support your staff who are carers.
- Become a Trustee of Swindon Carers Centre.
- Sponsorship of Swindon Carers Centre events and activities.
- Learning workshop about Swindon Carers for your staff.
- Employer Forum.
- Get involved to help make a difference.
- Gain Employers Care Award (more details below).
- Promotion of your brand with SCC.
- Donations for fundraising event raffles.
If you would like more information on how we can work together to support your carers or just to find out more, please contact:
Judy Evans, Partnerships Manager
DD: 01793 975319