Swindon Carers Centre
Swindon Carers Centre is a charitable organisation, which is part of the Carers Trust Network, established to provide help and support to the 18,315 unpaid carers in Swindon.
We provide a wide range of support and services and work in partnership with other organisations, including local NHS services, Swindon Borough Council’s Adult Social Care and Children’s Services and other local voluntary organisations with the aim of identifying as many carers as possible and to provide the most relevant support for your caring situation. We also work to raise the profile of carers so carers themselves can have a collective voice in influencing policy makers and service planners.
The Trustees of Swindon Carers Centre have considered the Charity Commission’s guidance on public benefit. The main benefit which the organisation delivers is support to carers carrying out a caring role for persons with a physical or mental health condition, a learning disability or a drug or alcohol dependency and to promote the development of self-help. This will enable carers to have a quality of life alongside their caring role. The main beneficiaries are carers themselves.
Creating a community where carers are recognised, valued and supported.
To improve the wellbeing of people with caring responsibilities in and around Swindon.
We strive to work in the following way with all people involved in our service:
- Openness: We will work and take decisions in an open and transparent manner
- Accountability: We will take responsibility for what we do and how we do it
- Integrity: We will be principled in our work
- Objectivity: We will act and take decisions impartially and fairly, without discrimination or bias
- Leadership: We will model SCC’s values and lead by example in demonstrating organisational behaviours
- Honesty: We will be truthful and reliable
- Selflessness: We will act in the best interests of our carers
We have a team of professionals and trained volunteers who are here to help.